If you’re wondering, “Where can I find same-day crowns near me?” Look no further! The Studio for Exceptional Dentistry always offers the highest possible quality of dental care to the Colorado Springs area. We equip our dental office with the latest in technology so that you can feel confident and comfortable with your treatment.
One piece of technology that we’re truly impressed with and excited about is the CEREC CAD/CAM milling system.
What Is the CEREC CAD/CAM Milling System?
CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. In other words, CEREC is a milling machine that can make quick-but-quality dental restorations for you while you’re still sitting in the dental chair.
Intraoral Scan | The process of getting a CEREC restoration starts with a thorough scan of your teeth by an intraoral camera. This creates a digital impression of your mouth. 3D imaging of this kind allows us to record more detail than a traditional mold, with less mess or hassle.
CAD/CAM Design | Once the digital image is complete, we can use our computer-assisted design (CAD) software to create a model for your new dental restoration. With the specifications gathered during the intraoral scan, we can ensure that the fit of your dentalware will be exact.
CEREC Milling | We send the CAD files to the milling machine. From a simple block of raw material, we can craft customized ceramic crowns, bridges, inlays, or onlays right here in our local office.
Restoration Placement | Once the restoration has been milled and polished up, we can place it for you right there in the same appointment. Each restoration will be customized to perfectly match the shape and size you need to complete your smile.
How Does CEREC Technology Save Me Time in the Dental Chair?
At the Studio for Exceptional Dentistry, you can receive same day crowns, bridges, and other dental restorations.
Yes, you read that right. All of the above can occur in one single appointment. Every step of this revolutionary process is fast, digital, and efficient. You won’t have to go home and come back later, or spend endless hours in the dental chair. Everything happens in one short visit.
How Does CEREC 3D Technology Enhance My Dental Experience?
Time is not the only thing you save, when getting one day crowns, bridges, inlays, onlays, dental implant caps, or even partial/complete denture sets.
- The CEREC mill is located right in our office, which means that there is no need for the hassle of lab scheduling, follow-up appointments, or delivery. Single visit restorations save the effort of coordinating between three or more parties with three or more different scheduling needs.
- Because CEREC crowns are made to order in-office, you won’t have to go home with any temporary crowns. You can enjoy your permanent restorations immediately.
- Efficiency is great for pricing. With fewer steps involved, fewer staff members needed, and saving on materials, the CEREC crown cost can go way down.
How Do I Find A Cerec Dentist Near Me?
The Studio for Exceptional Dentistry in Colorado Springs is a highly-qualified dental office, with its own CEREC machine, a trained staff, and an opening in our schedule for you! Contact us today.
What Can the CEREC Milling Machine Do?
CEREC machines are known for milling dental crowns, but they can do so many other types of dental restoration, including:
- Dental Crowns.
- Dental Inlays.
- Dental Onlays.
- Dental Implant Caps.
- Dental Bridges.
- Partial or Complete Denture Teeth.
CEREC Same-Day Crowns, Inlays, and Onlays
CEREC permanent crowns are made of high-quality dental porcelain. They are long-lasting, hard-wearing, and designed to perfectly blend in with your natural teeth.
There are three general types of crowns that can be used to heal a tooth when it has been infected or damaged.
Inlays | An inlay is something of a large filling. It is crafted to be set—or inlayed—into the prepared tooth, just as a standard filling would be. They are often used for larger cavities.
One excellent benefit to the use of an inlay is that it replaces the need for metal alloys. Metal fillings include a percentage of mercury, which in high enough amounts can be toxic. Though the amount of mercury absorbed from a metal filling is usually very small, it can still lead to eventual poisoning.
Porcelain inlays include no toxic materials, making them comfortable, beautiful, and, most of all, safe for the long term.
Onlays | Onlays work very similarly to inlays, but rather than filling in the tooth, it covers parts of the outside. Onlays can sometimes be referred to as 3/4 crowns, or partial crowns.
When you have a damaged tooth, it is always necessary to seal any cracks or breaks, but not always necessary to do so by covering the entire tooth. That is where onlays come in. And because of CEREC technology, they can always be precisely crafted to fit exactly where they are needed, without looking or feeling at all different from the natural portion of teeth.
Porcelain Crowns | Dental crowns are a cap that covers the entire visible surface of the tooth, all the way to the gum line. A porcelain crown is often necessary if a tooth has been broken too severely or damaged too extensively by a cavity to be repaired by a simple onlay.
Using a CEREC-milled same-day crown carries many of the same benefits as an onlay or inlay. This includes custom design that allows it to fit perfectly into your smile, color matching to help the crown blend in, and durable materials that are made to last.
CEREC Options for a Missing Tooth or Teeth
Missing teeth are a major dental issue that can keep you from eating the foods you love, or even speaking with clarity. When you are missing one or more teeth, you’ll want them repaired sooner rather than later.
CEREC milling helps us do that, by allowing us to create same-day crowns, bridges, and denture teeth.
Dental Bridges | A dental bridge is essentially a series of connected dental crowns that can cross—or bridge—a gap over one or more missing teeth.
Much like a standard dental crown, dental bridges are made from high-quality, long-lasting porcelain. The CAD software and precise milling of the CEREC machine allow us to make that bridge to the exact specifications of your bite.
Dental Implants | Implants are an incredible way to restore missing teeth. They can be especially useful when you need to replace front teeth, for several excellent reasons:
- Implants restore the entire tooth, not just the crown. From root to tip, you’ll get back the full strength and look of a complete natural tooth.
- Implants look great. They can be crafted to fit your smile so well that no one will know they’re synthetic.
- Once the implant post is healed and ready, the topping dental crown can be made quickly, and without the need for temporaries or multi-day appointments.
- CAD software can design your crown so precisely that it will do more than just look like a natural tooth. It will feel like one, too.
Make us your Colorado implant dentist of choice, and we can get you started with this restoration process!
Same-Day Dental Crowns Near Me
For custom-milled CEREC teeth, you can find us here in Colorado Springs. Feel free to ask us any questions you have about crown placement, dental implants, or even the CEREC mill itself.
CEREC Doctors Near Me: The Studio for Exceptional Dentistry
The Studio for Exceptional Dentistry is more than just a fancy title. We work hard every day to live up to that declaration. We do this by upholding a number of strict standards:
- Further Education: Our office stays up to date on the dental industry. This includes regular training on the latest techniques, the acquisition of vital technology, and adherence to necessary certification.
- Excellent Staff: We don’t just keep our staff well-educated. We make sure that they look out for you. We want you to be comfortable throughout your entire dental experience, from the front door, to the chair, and back.
- We Always Look Forward: Our goals for good care and prevention aren’t static. Medical knowledge is ever-changing, and so are we.
- Prevention: We do everything we can to care for your dental health efficiently, and that means prevention, wherever possible. We accomplish this both through regular checkups and through patient education. You deserve the healthiest mouth possible.
Advice, Diagnosis, or Treatment at the Studio for Exceptional Dentistry
Whether you are in need of a one visit crown, need advice for preventing gum disease, or have missing teeth that you need replaced, our office is the place to be. Feel free to ask any questions you have about CEREC, dental restorations, or everyday dental care.
We stand ready to offer you the dental health care you deserve, in Colorado Springs.